During pregnancy in the body of a womanconstantly changing. Many beauties notice that their hair becomes thin and their nails brittle. You can explain this by rearranging the hormonal background. In these cases, doctors advise to abandon the various cosmetics, which contain elements of chemistry. After all, they can cause significant damage to a woman and a fetus. Is it possible to make nails pregnant? This is a common question, to which we will try to find the answer today.
What danger is hidden in the nail polish during pregnancy
Carrying a baby, a woman should not careonly about his, but also his health. Many ladies are wondering whether it is possible for pregnant women to paint their nails on the hands and feet. Doctors unequivocally answer that it is better not to do so.
Lacquer in its composition contains chemical elements that can get to the fetus and cause serious pathologies. Even breathing in a couple of dried up remedies, a woman is in danger.
In order not to be unfounded, you need to consider the composition of the varnish:
- Formaldehyde.It is added in order for the product to lie well on the nail plates. Specialists found that when a woman inhales the vapors of this component, a woman may experience headaches, bouts of nausea, severe migraines. In later terms, it can cause gestosis. The child has a lack of oxygen, leading to a delay in development.
- Toluene. This substance allows the lacquer to dry quickly, but its excess can cause a strong allergic reaction in mom and baby.
- Camphor oil. It would seem, what can be dangerous in this component? But few women know that it causes a tone of the uterus, which leads to a miscarriage.
If you find similar substances in the cosmeticmeans, then the question, whether it is possible to paint nails during pregnancy with such a varnish, should not arise from you. Using it, you run the risk of harming yourself and the fetus. Remember that beauty can not be more expensive than health.
What you need to consider, going to cover your nails with varnish
Is it possible for pregnant women to paint their nails with varnish?to solve a gynecologist and the therapist who has a woman. If the patient does not have chronic diseases (bronchial asthma, allergy, lung problems), then this procedure can be carried out periodically. But it is important to observe the following conditions:
- When choosing a nail polish, be sure to look at its composition.
- Remember, a good remedy can not be cheap.
- It is better to buy goods from a trusted manufacturer.
- Do not forget to look at the expiration date of the tool used.
Fulfilling these simple rules, a woman can protect herself and her child from negative consequences after covering the nail plates with lacquer.
We perform the procedure at home
To independently paint your nails, you need not only to have a good technique, to have a quality cosmetic product, but also to fulfill the following conditions:
- When the procedure is carried out, always open the window, fresh air should enter the room.
- Painting nails pregnant in a stuffy, poorly ventilated room is prohibited.
- Wait until the varnish dries itself. You do not need to blow on it, thus breathing in a couple of means.
- After complete drying, wash your hands with warm water and soap.
An important rule: if a woman does not feel well, experiences frequent headaches, suffers from migraine - it is better to refuse the procedure in order not to aggravate the situation.
Should I go to the beauty salon?
Do you still think about the question of whether it is possible for pregnant women to paint their nails with a manicurist? We propose to consider the possible risks of the procedure:
- There is a possibility of infection.
- The means used by the master can be of very doubtful quality.
- The processing of tools is not always performed according to all requirements and standards.
Doctors do not advise pregnant women to conduct a procedure in beauty salons. The negligence of the master can lead to serious illnesses.
Choose a liquid for removing varnish
If a pregnant woman paints her nails duringpregnancy, you need to immediately think about a means to remove the varnish. The usual acetone is not suitable. It contains many chemical components that can cause serious allergic reactions.
Experts advise to purchase a special liquid based on vegetable oils. It not only has a natural composition, but also is enriched with vitamins, minerals and other useful trace elements.
We leave to the hospital without varnish on the nails
Is it possible for pregnant women to paint their fingernails andfeet before giving birth? Doctors categorically forbid it. Why is this happening? Doctors explain this from a medical point of view. On the nails, you can determine that with the well-being of the woman in labor, not everything is in order. For example, if the plates begin to turn blue, the woman needs emergency care from the resuscitator.
Also pregnant may need an emergency cesarean section. In this case, special sensors are attached to the nails, the varnish can become a hindrance for determining the exact values.
Can I apply gel-lacquer?
If you still want to do a manicure in the salonbeauty, then the master can offer not just cover the nails with varnish, but apply a special gel. It is dried in an ultraviolet lamp, it lasts about 3-4 weeks.
The cost of the service is 600-1000 rubles, it is quite popular among women. That is why the question arises whether it is possible for pregnant women to paint their nails with gel-varnish.
First of all, you need to understand the composition of the funds. At all manufacturers it is approximately the same:
- Photoinitiator. Helps gel to harden faster.
- Ether of acrylic acid. Gives the product the desired viscous consistency.
- Pigment. Responsible for the color of the gel varnish.
All these components are practically safe.But in order to reduce the cost of the product, many manufacturers add auxiliary components (toluene, formaldehyde, camphor and others) to the gel lacquer. If you see these names in the composition, it is better to abandon its use.
You also need to be prepared for the fact that the gel-lacqueris removed quite painfully. For these purposes, use nail files or cutters. Doctors do not prohibit the use of this drug during pregnancy, but it's better to do it with proven professionals who work with quality materials.
Application of shellac: all the pros and cons
Also, a manicurist can recommenduse to coat shellac. This tool is softer and safer in its composition. Does not contain chemical components that can have a negative effect on the fetus.
Another plus is easy removal of shellac. To do this, it is enough to use a conventional nail polish remover, only the composition should not include acetone.
Is it possible for pregnant women to paint their nails with shellac?Experts give a positive answer, but warn that the remedy can be badly applied and held for 3-4 days. This is due to the fact that the level of hormones changes in the body of a woman. Nails can simply "reject" shellac.
The truth about the nails
Another popular procedure for women is nail extensions. But it will have to be abandoned during pregnancy. And do it better right after you find out that you are expecting a baby.
During the procedure, many components are used that adversely affect the fetus. Among them: gel, acrylic, lacquer, acetone, primer.
In the article, we found out whether it is possible to dye pregnant womennails on legs and hands. Doctors do not advise to carry out this procedure to women who have health problems, namely dizziness, allergies, toxicosis. If you still decide to do a manicure and cover your nails with varnish, follow the recommendations that were given in the article.