The main task of every woman -endure and give birth to a healthy baby. In this article I want to tell future mothers how the childbirth takes place. What to expect from the process of labor, what difficulties may arise here - and now I want to talk about this.
Pregnancy and childbirth - the most important period in lifeevery woman. And I must say that it's from the way the pregnancy took place in the future mother that the birth itself depends. What is worth remembering while bearing a baby?
- Proper nutrition.The future mother should eat right throughout the pregnancy. It is necessary to try to exclude as much as possible fried and fatty foods, giving preference to cereals, vegetables and fruits. It is also important not to consume harmful foods, such as fast food, chips, crackers, soda. After all, all that mum gets, and gets a baby.
- Bad habits. During pregnancy, the mother must completely abandon bad habits, such as taking alcohol (even in small doses), smoking.
- Daily regime. The future mother should walk a lot, often in the fresh air. It must be remembered: a pregnant woman does not mean a sick person. Moderate physical activity has not hurt anyone yet.
- Useful emotions. It is good, if the pregnant woman will experience as much as possible positive emotions. This will not only affect her health, but also the condition of her future child.
- Visit doctor. Each pregnant woman should be on time to register and periodically undergo scheduled inspections. So you can prevent a lot of unpleasant situations associated with health crumbs.
- Courses.Every future mother should remember that she must undergo preparation courses for childbirth. And while this is not yet an obligatory procedure, it is better to learn in advance how the delivery takes place, what to expect and what to be afraid of during labor.
And this is not a complete list of the most important cases of the future mother. However, observing at least these rules during pregnancy, you can very well help yourself and your child.
What happens to the body before giving birth?
Studying the topic "Pregnancy and childbirth", I want totell a little about what happens to the female body in the last weeks of bearing a baby. So, the level of progesterone, which is active throughout the pregnancy of the hormone, begins to fall. At this time, a hormone such as oxytocin is gradually being developed. It is he who is responsible for the beginning of labor and the birth of the woman. Enter the work of endocrine glands, which increase the sensitivity of the uterus to oxytocin. The time comes, and the lady begins to feel the first harbingers of labor - fights.
When analyzing how the birth takes place, it is compulsoryIt must also be said that there are also precursors of labor. This is all known fights. It is worth saying that they can also be false, or, as they are also called, training. Their main differences: short-term, as well as light pain. However, even a woman who never gave birth will be able to recognize real gripes. The first bouts will not last long, about seconds to 10, the interval will also be quite large - from 5 to 10 minutes. This is still the time when a woman can be at home, she does not need to go to the hospital.
Period one. Disclosure
When analyzing how the birth takes place, it must be said that they are divided into three main stages. The first of them - the opening of the cervix - the longest.
- For primiparas, it can stretch for 10-13 hours.
- In repetitious - most often for 6-8 hours.
At this time, the fights gradually increase, painfulsensations increase, the duration between contractions is reduced. It is worth mentioning that with each time the cervix of the uterus is increasingly revealed. This will happen until the uterus, its neck and the vagina itself form a single corridor along which the baby will move.
Difficulties of the first period
What difficulties can arise in this period? So, the most common case is the weak labor of a woman. This can be expressed in the following indicators:
- The fetal bladder burst, and fights for a long time do not start (this threatens the child's oxygen starvation).
- Attenuation of fights - their intensity falls, the intervals between them decrease. However, if the amniotic fluid is not bursting yet - nothing terrible, then nature gives the woman a break.
If a woman bursts the amniotic bladder, and contractions do not begin, then artificial stimulation of labor will be necessary.
The second period. Attempts
The fact that generic activity passes intothe second stage - attempts, will testify to fights. If they last for a long time, up to 1 minute, and the break between them also equals about 1 minute, this means that the woman will soon see her baby. The attempts themselves arise involuntarily, regardless of the woman's desire. However, the future mother can manage them (if necessary - help, strengthen, if necessary - hold). It is necessary to say that at the time of labor a woman in labor should listen carefully to doctors. After all, only they can competently manage labor activity, advising a woman to act in a certain way.
If you are afraid of ruptures during childbirth andtake care of the elasticity of the tissues, then it will be useful for you to learn about certain techniques of perineal massage using natural remedies. For example, well-known oil for skin intimate area from Weleda. The combination of organic sweet almond oils and wheat germ oil softens the tissues and makes them more elastic and expandable. The remedy is hypoallergenic and safe for both the expectant mother and the baby. Regular perineal massage, starting at 34 weeks, improves the elasticity of the skin and muscles.
Selecting a Pose
If a woman has a normal birth, she canTry to choose your own position, in which it will be easier for her to give birth. Many doctors say that lying down is unnatural. Therefore, during labor, the expectant mother should listen attentively to her body and choose the right attitude.
- Squatting, leaning on the hands (so give birth in Mexico and in Tibet).
- Holding on to the crossbar, standing (practiced by some African tribes).
- Sitting on her husband's lap (European countries).
- Leaning back on the back of the assistant, sitting (practiced in Russia and some European countries).
- Backed by the knees and taking up special leverage (the countries of Asia).
In any case, most clinics today offer a woman to choose her own pose for delivery, and this is a huge breakthrough in domestic medicine.
Dangers of the second period
What is it - heavy birth? So, it is worth saying that the heavy is called the labor activity, which occurs with certain complications, to which:
- Accrual of the baby by the umbilical cord (there is a danger that during childbirth it will be tightened around the neck of the baby).
- Help the mother during the passage of the head (often the doctors cut the crotch, when the baby can not go through the last stage of the birth canal itself).
- Incorrect position of the baby.Correct birth - this is when the crumb goes head first. However, there is a pelvic presentation of the child. In this case, it is important to maximize the participation of doctors in the birth of a woman.
- Baby behavior after childbirth.Everyone knows that a child should scream at once, as it will be born. This would mean that his lungs opened and he breathed. However, often a child needs help. Here, the competent actions of doctors are very important.
Period three: the exit of the placenta
If a woman has the right birth, she should know,that after the birth of a baby, the birth does not end. There is another important stage - the birth of the placenta or a child's place. It should be said that this should happen soon after the birth of the baby. For this, my mother may be asked to try again. An excellent stimulation of the birth of the placenta is the stimulation of the nipples. For this purpose it is enough to put a newborn baby to the breast. It is important to say that during the birth of the placenta, some amount of blood can be released. This should not be afraid, it should be so. And only after the birth of a child's place the uterus will sharply contract, the vessels will shrink, the bleeding will stop.
Dangers of the third period
The main danger of the last period of labor:non-occurrence of the placenta. The maximum time that can be given to the lady's body is 40 minutes. After that, the woman will have to provide medical assistance. After all, after this period the uterus may begin to close. However, at this time it is strictly forbidden to pull on the umbilical cord, this behavior can cause bleeding. It is necessary to try to stimulate the appearance of a child's place by attaching the child to the chest. If this does not help, doctors will join the work, which, with the help of various medications, will do all that is necessary.
Often, women may be interested in the question:"What is this, heavy birth?" So, it is worth mentioning that often this term is called even a normal birth, which was somewhat delayed, or during which the lady experienced too painful sensations. However, it is not. According to medicine, heavy births are:
- Induced births, i.e.,artificial causing of labor. This is necessary if the mother has borne the child longer than the 41st week, if the mother and baby have a rhesus-conflict, if the amniotic fluid before the time has broken off, etc.
- Accelerated childbirth, when the child comes out swiftly, and the woman's body simply does not have time to prepare for attempts.
- Complications. That is,When there are some problems during labor activity. This may be a cord injury to the cervix of the baby's neck, placental abruption, placenta previa, choking of the fetus, significant loss of blood, ruptures of different degrees.
- Early labor, when the labor of a woman comes much earlier than the deadline. It is also fraught with various complications.
- Incorrect position of the baby. This is also a difficult birth, when the crumb does not go head forward, but somewhat differently (sideways, legs forward).
Childbirth at home
It is worth mentioning that today it is activepractice childbirth at home. Reviews about this, of course, ambiguous (especially from the side of doctors). A huge plus is that a woman will give birth in a familiar environment for her, she will not have the stress associated with changing the place of stay. However, the disadvantages in this scenario are much greater. First of all, it must be said that in this case, it is necessary to call home not only a midwife, but also a doctor who can help if necessary. It is also important to say that a huge disadvantage of such births is that often at hand the doctor does not have the necessary equipment that can only be in the walls of the medical institution (resuscitation room for both mother and baby). However, if the woman is okay, the pregnancy proceeded without complications, and next to there is a qualified doctor, you can safely try to give birth in your native walls.
Childbirth in the water
If a woman does not have the first pregnancy (the secondchildbirth), she may want to try somehow to alleviate the pain that she experiences during the fights (she already knows what is to be experienced, unlike the primiparas). In this case, you can try to give birth to a baby in the water. It should be said that water itself makes it easy to relieve pain and helps the mother to relax even during the most difficult periods of labor. Doctors recommend women to stay in the water during fights. However, in this case, it should equal the body temperature of the woman - 37 °. If the water is warmer, there is a risk that the fights will cease (this is harmful for labor activity in general), but if it is cooler, a woman can simply freeze. As for the process of attempts, it should be said that the ladies who give birth to water are much more likely to pass this stage. However, during such births, a doctor (not just a midwife) must also be present. After giving birth, the woman should lie down, put the baby to her breast and relax.
Having considered how the birth of the first-born andof all other parturient women, we also need to say a few words about the fact that the postpartum period is no less important. Approximately two hours after birth the woman must necessarily be under the close attention of doctors (because at this time there may be life-threatening bleeding and other problems). After childbirth, the baby should be immediately applied to the chest, this is very important. After that, the baby is weighed and measured for his height, then put next to his mother. After that, the work of doctors who took birth from a woman ends. After two hours, the lady is transferred to the postpartum ward, where she is under surveillance for some time (together with the newborn). If everything is normal, the mother and child will be discharged after three days. Otherwise, their stay within the walls of a medical institution can be delayed. During this period, the woman is taught the basic rules of caring for crumbs.