Installation of a radiator of heating by own hands hastheir own characteristics. It all depends on what material the pipes are made from and what type of battery is selected. We will consider the installation process directly, when the components have already been selected, and the number of sections is calculated for the required system capacity.
The scheme of installation of radiators of heating
One-pipe heating system consists of oneThe central highway, parts of which are connected in series. The disadvantage of this connection is the impossibility of regulating the power of the radiators without additional accessories (thermostats). In two-story houses, the first floor in such a system is heated worse than the second. Two-tube in this regard is more effective. Radiators in it are connected in several ways:
- Lateral one-way connection. The coolant supply is connected to the upper branch pipe, and the return flow to the lower branch pipe. If the routes are reversed: the upper one - down, and the lower one - up, the heat transfer will decrease by approximately 7%.
- Connection on the diagonal. The supply of the coolant is connected to the upper branch pipe from one side, and the lower one (return) to the lower one with the opposite one. This connection allows you to install radiators with a large number of sections.
- Lower connection. The supply of the coolant is carried out from one side to the lower branch pipe, and the return flow to the lower one on the other. Such a connection system has the least heat loss, since the upper part of the radiator does not fully warm up. Such a connection scheme is used in highways laid under the floor.
Installation of the radiator with your own hands
Before starting the installation or replacing the battery from thethe heating main must be drained and shut off the shut-off valves. Install radiators under the window sill. To improve heat dissipation, the wall on which the battery will be installed can be covered with a reflective material, for example a foil, or covered with a special compound with similar properties. This installation of the radiator with its own hands excludes the fogging of windows and creates additional protection from the cold.
For each meter of the heated surface,for mounting one bracket. Then mark the places of their fastening. The radiator should sit tightly on all installed supports. Next, connect the batteries to the trunk by one of the circuits, connecting them with threaded drills. In single-pipe systems, the installation of a heating radiator by one's own hands is carried out using a bypass - a special jumper with a smaller diameter that is installed between the battery and the return. The joints of the components must be sealed with a pack or a special sealing tape. To connect the pipeline to the radiator, you can use welding (at the joints of pipes).
Correct installation of radiators includes the observance of recommended installation distances:
- from the radiator to the floor should be 6-12 cm;
- the gap between the radiator and the wall is about 2-5 cm;
- compliance with the location strictly vertical and horizontal;
- distance to the window sill is 10 cm.