Thuya is a chic evergreena plant belonging to the genus of conifers. It is popular with gardeners thanks to the beautiful pyramidal crown, and also due to the fact that in comfortable conditions it can reach several meters in height. But there are some species that are grown in pots at home. Despite the fact that the transplantation of thui is of interest to many gardeners, there is very little information on how to do it correctly.
Transplantation of potted species
Transplantation of thai grown in a pot must be carried out at least once every two years.
When preparing the soil, it should be remembered that thuyaloves weakly acidic earth. If the pH level of the soil is neutral, pine needles or bark should be added to it. It is important to ensure the maximum flow of oxygen to the roots. To do this in a closed pot system helps the addition of perlite or expanded clay in the soil.
Tui transplantation is carried out in the following sequence:
- Plant to pull out of the pot, as much as possible save the earth clod.
- At the bottom of the pot, pour a layer of drainage from expanded clay, chipped brick or other suitable materials.
- Set the earthenware in the pot so that the root neck is at the same level.
- Fill the soil with emptiness in the pot.
- Abundantly watered.
Nuances of transplanting garden specimens
Transplanting thai growing in the garden is a much more difficult process. This is especially true of large adult plants. You should also follow several rules:
- It is important to plant a tree with the same orientationsides of the world. Therefore, before digging the plant, you should determine where the north is, and tie a ribbon on this part of the crown. Later, when planting, it is necessary to orient to the north side of the pit.
- Tuya is a moisture-loving plant. Therefore, after a transplant, it is important to regularly water it until it has survived.
- A pit for planting should be prepared in advance. It should be wider than the estimated basal earth coma by about thirty centimeters. The depth of the pit should ideally be about a meter.
Selecting a landing site
It is not so important, the Tui transplant is carried outAugust or in any other month, you should correctly choose a place for these purposes. Ideal for this evergreen plant will be an open, well-lit area.
The characteristics of the soil are low.But the soil should be fairly well fertilized. In addition, if the soil is too heavy, a layer of drainage should be poured onto the bottom of the pit, and the soil for its falling asleep should be mixed with expanded clay. This will help to avoid stagnation of moisture and decay of roots.
Tuyu can be grown as separatelytrees, and in combination with other conifers. It is perfect for creating a hedge, as it protects the site from foreign eyes all year round.
How to dig right?
To successfully transfer the tree to a new locationit is important to keep the root band as much as possible. If an adult thai is transplanted, it can be difficult to do. There are a number of rules that can significantly simplify this difficult procedure.
- The tree is thoroughly watered a day before the beginning of excavation.
- First, dig a trench around the tree. Its diameter should be 20 centimeters from the edge of the crown.
- In depth, digging should be gradual, strengthening the walls of the pit by covering material or burlap.
- When the depth of the trench reaches 60 cm, you can start digging under a tree. In this case, the covering material should be folded. Completely pull the thuja with a scrap.
- When the lump is excavated, the sacking is tied, in order to preserve it as much as possible.
The best option is the advance preparation of the Tuito a transplant. To this end, the trench begins to dig about a year before the procedure. If you find large roots, they cut off, cover the slices with a garden fog. The trench is covered with loose soil and thoroughly watered. Such measures will help the tree to form new thin suction roots.
Tui transplantation should ideally take place in the spring.In the prepared pit it is necessary to pour a layer of soil in such a way that after installation in it, the root neck rises above the ground level by about ten centimeters. The tree should be installed in the center of the pit. This burlap can not be removed.
Further, all the voids are sprinkled with earth and trampled down. After that, the soil is thoroughly watered. It will not be superfluous to cover the surface of the radical circle with any mulching material.
After transplant, it is important to maintain soil moisture. Two weeks after the procedure, it is desirable to feed the tree with fertilizers.
Autumn transplant regulations
If, for any reason, the possibility of waitingthere is no spring, a tuja transplant can be performed in autumn. The tree should be moved to a new location before the onset of stable frosts. Ideally, this should be done until the middle of October, otherwise the plant will not have time to root roots. As a result, it will be very difficult for him to transfer the winter.
After transplanting, it is advisable to sprinkle the root circle with fallen pine needles or compost. Due to this weakened roots will be protected from freezing.
Many believe that it is impossible without damageto transfer to a new place a plant such as thuja. Transplantation in the fall, as well as in the spring, should be carried out in compliance with certain rules. In this case, almost certainly you will be able to save the thuya.