Balance-board (udo-board) - popular in the lasttime for both youth and children, and for adults a sports simulator. It represents a board and a roller, on which the first element is placed. The balance-bordists keep balance on this device for a long time, make spectacular stunts on it. Ability to balance will not only help you to keep on your feet in crowded transport or to walk without falling over a narrow curb, but it will also reflect on your skills if you are engaged in, for example, surfing, cycling, skating, longboard or snowboarding. You can easily make your first balance-board with your own hands, after reading this article.
Board: pay attention
If you want to get the result of your workhigh-quality, comfortable and durable simulator, it is necessary to approach the selection of materials responsibly. The most important and most important of them will be a board. Before you make a balance-board yourself, pay attention to the following:
- The best material for the board is moisture resistant and quality plywood with a thickness of 12-15 mm. Most professional masters stop at birch.
- The standard length of the balance-board is 75 cm. With a width of one is determined according to your taste - from 35 to 45 cm.
- The shape of the board can be very diverse - the main thing is that you feel comfortable and comfortable on it. The most popular are the ellipse, the "egg", the "swallow's nest".
- At first you will probably needStoppers - limiters for the roller at the bottom of the board. Professionals do without them - they think that stoppers are more interfering with training than being protected from falling. Just in case, put stoppers not on superglue, but on self-tapping screws - you can always unscrew them if you no longer need these elements.
To make a roller roller for a balance board with its ownhands, you need to decide what can be. Some athletes do not bother - take the old board from the skate, fill the usual plastic bottle with water - and voila! Someone uses natural material for this purpose - the stump of a round log.
However, for the right undo board it is still better to use a metal pipe. Do not be lazy to polish its sharp edges. The optimal diameter for your future simulator is 110-170 mm.
After you have decided on the best for yourself options for materials, it's time to move on to making a balance board with your own hands. We will present the instruction in your choice in three versions.
You will need:
- polyethylene pipe;
- two types of "nazhdachki" - coarse-grained and fine-grained;
- a jigsaw;
- self-tapping screws (35 mm);
- joiner glue;
- varnish or paint;
- small paint brush.
We begin to make a balance-board with our own hands:
- Draw a contour of your future simulator on the plywood - use as a template improvised materials, a balance-board of a friend or apply school knowledge of geometry.
- Strictly contour the saw with a jig saw.
- Be sure to wear protective gloves, carefully grind the board - first a large, and then a shallow "skin".
- From the remaining pieces of plywood, cut the stoppers. Screw them to the underside of the board with screws.
- At this stage, you need to painstakingly paint over orto varnish your creation. Try to use non-slip matte dyes. Alternatively, cover the upper part with a thin layer of glue and fill it with an even layer of fine sifted sand.
- The last thing is a video. It must be cut from the pipe and also sanded. In the absence of such an element, you can use a stump cut from the shovel, a rolling pin or, at worst, a plastic bottle filled with water.
Balance-board is ready!
The second method
Balance-board with their own hands can be done and somewhat differently:
- Make a template in Paint or any other editor. Print the image and transfer it to the board. On the contour, cut out the balance-board, grind all irregularities with "nest".
- Drill the restraints. Instead of self-tapping stoppers can also be attached to the board with studs from a pneumatic gun.
- Do not use a fragile sewer for the rollerpipe. The best option is HDPE or asbestos tube. Sandpaper also smooth out any irregularities. Some further process the roller with paraffin.
- If you are afraid that the tube can bend under you, cut two wooden plugs along its inner diameter.
- At this stage, paint both the board and the pipe in your favorite color. This will not only give them an aesthetic appearance, but also protect against rapid damage.
The easiest way to make balance-board yourself:
- Obtain an old skate, free it from all unnecessary, so that in the end there is only one board.
- Take the corresponding width of the planks-racks, screw them to the bottom of the screws - make stoppers.
- Now it's time to find the right piece of pipe. If you did not find anything other than sewer, then add the stiffness to help put the inside of the bottle with water. That's all!
A balance-board that is popular and useful for the leg muscles can be made independently. The only difficulty is finding suitable materials.