Such a simple cake has severalanalogues in various corners of the world, although most of all he is famous among the post-Soviet population. When in the years of perestroika the products disappeared from the shelves of stores, moms and grandmothers baked such a miracle in attempts to diversify the menu and to please the household with inaccessible delicious dishes. Who invented the oven cake from jam - the story is silent, but in the mid-90's it was a very popular dessert.
What is the name of the cake with black currant?
As it was not only renamed:"Smorodinka" and "Negrotenok", "Black broker" and "Pyatiminutka for tea" - the essence remained the same: dark layers of the cake, smeared with cream and sprinkled with nuts on the sides, cooking in minutes and an inimitable taste.
Ingredients for cake
For the test:
- Black currant jam - 1 glass.
- Kefir, sour cream or fermented baked milk - 1 glass.
- Three eggs.
- Sugar - 100 grams.
- Flour - 2 cups.
- Soda - 1 teaspoon.
In some recipes, an inadequate amount of soda is indicated: a tablespoon is superfluous, you do not need that much. Dough will acquire a characteristic "soda" taste that will spoil the overall impression.
Preparation: step-by-step recipe with photo
Cake with black currant is prepared quickly, quite easily, but it turns out very tasty and unusual in appearance.
In a deep bowl, pour the jam, add sugar andsoda, stir. The mass begins to bubble, hiss and grow in size - we are not frightened: it should be so, this is the interaction of the acid jam and alkali soda. Than not a chemistry lesson?
After ten minutes add to the sweet weightbeaten eggs, blend slightly and pour the sifted flour. Knead the dough to a homogeneous state, trying not to tighten the process, and pour it into a silicone baking dish, oiled. Send the form to the heated oven (200 degrees) and bake until ready for an average of 30-40 minutes, checking the readiness of the wooden toothpick: pierce the dough to the bottom and touch with hands - if dry, then the cake for the cake is ready. At the same time, it is better not to open the oven for the first twenty minutes, so that the dough does not settle.
Also, you do not need to rush to get a cake from the oven and the form - let it stand with the door open for about 15 minutes, then as many in the form.
Allow the cake to cool, then cutwith a sharp knife along the two thin layers, which are lubricated with cream, folded on top of each other. Top and sides of black currant cake, too, to cover with the remains of the cream, you can sprinkle with crushed walnuts, peanuts or cookie crumbs.
With a recipe, a cake with black currant can be impregnated with several kinds of cream:
- A half-liter jar of fresh home-made sour cream or cream is beaten with one glass of sugar and vanilla on the tip of the knife to a steady state of sharp peaks.
- Classic custard: three tbsp.spoonful of starch, half a glass of sugar and a little vanilla mixed in a saucepan, lightly beat up two eggs and a third of the milk, mix with sugar and mix thoroughly until smooth. The remaining milk boil and pour a thin trickle into the egg-sugar mass, necessarily actively working with a whisk or a spoon. Put the cream on a small fire and cook until thick, always constantly shoveling, otherwise it will quickly burn and have to start anew.
- Cream of boiled condensed milk:boil a jar of condensed milk or buy already ready, mix with 200 grams of butter. This cream is the most caloric of the proposed, so it is not recommended for fat people, although very tasty.
- You can miss the cake from the currant simply condensed (not boiled) - cheap, but not angry and very tasty! Budget option for students.
Even without a cream, just in the form of a pie powdered with powdered sugar, this simple miracle dessert is very good with freshly brewed tea or a fragrant compote of dried fruits.
How to decorate?
On the photo the cake with black currant looks verycreative, especially if you decorate accordingly. The top part of it can be poured with chocolate icing and melted white chocolate, draw curls or make a cheerful inscription.
Can be densely sprinkled with almond petals orchocolate chips, interspersed with finely chopped dried fruits - will be insanely delicious and unusual. If the cream for a cake is used from a cream, we safely plant flowers from it, only slightly we tint the cream with food dyes.
Also for decoration you can use piecesmarmalade, fresh fruit, laid out by the pattern or, if there is no time or mood, just fall asleep on the sides and top with a broken cookie. The space for creativity is full, the benefit of spoiling the cake is quite difficult.
Photo of cake with black currant in a cut
The characteristic dark color of soft cakes (they look like an oil biscuit) looks quite unusual, if you have never met such a type of dough.