Rose is a beautiful romantic flower, delightingthe views of both novice drawing lovers, and true masters of art. About how to draw a bouquet of roses, using pencil techniques and watercolor painting, will be discussed in this article.
Learning how to draw roses
The queen of flowers consists of many petals. This is a complex composition. For its reproduction on paper, it is necessary to schematically depict the main details of the plant in the form of circles and lines, which will help in further work.
In order to facilitate drawing, you can use a live bouquet of flowers in a vase. The composition will look more interesting if you come up with an unusual drapery.
In order to understand how to draw a bouquet of roses, you need to try to sketch out individual elements - flowers and leaves, and then gradually move on to a more complex image.
How to draw a bouquet of roses in pencil
The structure of the rose is complex and multifaceted. But we will try to describe the main stages that will help us understand how to draw a bouquet of roses:
- In the center of the sheet we draw three circles and one line (circles - future flowers, and the line - the stem).
- The petals are drawn along the border of the circle by soft lines. Very beautiful and picturesque look buds. They can be placed next to the main blossoming flowers.
- Drawing the leaves is best from the bottom of the bouquet. Do not try to apply even lines on the paper, because in nature they are almost none.
- On the leaves, mark the streaks. Carefully apply strokes throughout the sheet, imposing brighter and sharp strokes where the leaf of the flower is darker, and softer and muted - on the light part.
- Give the volume of buds and flowers, taking into account the proportions of the objects depicted relative to the sheet of paper.
- Observe the rule of chiaroscuro in the figure.
Image of flower compositions with watercolor
Especially bright and picturesque will look like a bouquet painted with watercolors. This technique takes more time, but patience and effort are justified by the result.
Let's enumerate the stages of how to draw a beautiful bouquet of roses with watercolor:
- Create a sketch with a simple pencil. Pencil for work is better to take hard to avoid dirty lines, which usually leaves a soft lead.
- Marking the main objects and details of the drawing.
- Selection of suitable colors for colors for backgrounds, buds and leaves. In order to understand how to draw a bouquet of roses, you need to decompose the entire composition into basic colors using transparent strokes.
- Work with the background. It is evenly coated with paint, diluted with water. We use the technique of glazing, intensifying the colors by applying the next layers to the dried paint.
- Drawing of leaves and flowers. If you look closely, then all the objects of the flower arrangement (flowers, buds, leaves) have no color, but consist of different shades. To transfer the volume of objects, we mix the paints to the desired result and draw them with a brush. Draw from the light to the dark, darkening the desired areas and leaving the light untouched.
- All the glare in the watercolor drawing is a white paper untouched by paint.
Any work of art is the soul and character of the master. The completeness of the work is displayed in color, and the shades convey the artist's emotions at the time of drawing.