Pastel is called painting "on dry" or"Dry", applied to paper special chalks of different colors. They are made of chalk, pigment substances and binders, soft to the touch. In another way, pastel pencils are also called a test for their soft consistency. Each color in the set has many shades, gentle and smooth transitions from one tone to another. Therefore, pastel painting is more used wherever the mood of the picture and the reflection of a certain atmosphere are important, the transfer of a rich color range.
Subtlety of the picture
Tips and Tricks
- In addition to the usual pencil, small details and objects in the picture are delineated by so-called pastel sticks.
- If you need to make a sketch, a sketch for whichthen a pastel image is applied, a colored pencil is also used for this. With a dark base the color is light - white, pale yellow, etc. At light - to the contrary. This is a kind of secret of how to draw a pastel. When the artist works, the entire pencil will then gradually disappear, only what the author needs is visible. This is convenient because pastel and pencils complement each other, combine well.
- Pastel is not only dry, but also oily.Their main difference is that with dry it is easier to create a variety of color transitions. Oily for this does not fit. Retouch it too is uncomfortable.
- Learning how to draw a pastel, you shouldPay attention to the nature of drawing strokes and lines. They should be jerky, but light, thin, so as not to be pressed into the paper, so that they can be erased with an eraser, if necessary.
- It is necessary to choose the appropriate basis forcreating a picture. Under it fine-grained nazhdachka will approach, if the picture is supposed to be made of a small format. Before drawing a pastel, you need to pick up such material, the texture of which would be quite pronounced. This is suede, and cardboard, and paper for watercolor, and canvas. Texture is needed in order to keep pastel particles well: on a perfectly smooth surface they will crumble.
- Another secret:when the picture is finished, the image should be fixed either with a special remedy or with ordinary hair spray. Spray it in small portions, neatly, from a distance of 25-30 cm.
Councils and recommendations for mastering the technique of pastel drawings are still many. If you work hard on yourself, you can soon achieve positive results.