The word "marketing" today sounds everywhere. But what is marketing? How to define this concept?
All scientists who study the concept, came to the conclusion,that marketing is a process and an art. The definitions of different schools are somewhat different, but if we consider their essence, it becomes clear that it is based on the process of satisfying human needs through the free exchange of goods and services for money. Marketing is a two-way process. On the one hand, it is profitable for producers, because it allows you to make a profit. On the other hand, buyers or consumers get what they need.
If you try to give a short answer to the question "what is marketing", then we can say that this is a management system that requires strict account of all processes occurring on the market.
What is the purpose of marketing?In creating production conditions that are maximally adapted to the requirements and changes in the market, to public demand. The goal is also to increase competitiveness, maximize profits, create the tools necessary to study the market.
In order to make the enterprise successful, it is not enough to know the answer to the question "what is marketing". It is necessary to clearly represent its main functions. These include:
- studying of consumer needs, or demand for goods (service);
- study of all issues related to pricing;
- competent planning of the assortment of the product, its production and marketing features;
- Advertising activity;
- personnel Management;
- the study of all the cycles that the product (service) passes on the way from production to sale.
If you take into account all the structural components, then the question "what is marketing" can be given a different answer. It is a science that studies the rules of production and sale of goods.
Like any science, marketing has its own principles:
- In order to make a profit, the production of goods and their sale must correspond to three conditions: the company's capabilities, the needs of customers, the specifics of the market at the moment.
- The product must fully meet the requirements of customers, meet the technological and aesthetic level.
- Constant updating and improvement of the assortment is one of the indispensable conditions for the success of the enterprise.
- The ability to react instantly to market changes is the most important guarantee of a good profit.
One of the components of marketing - the ability to competently advertise and "promote" the goods. In connection with this, a new type of marketing is developing on the Internet today.
What is Internet Marketing?This is the transfer of all known methods and tools of conventional marketing into the scope of the network, the unity of actions for the promotion and promotion of goods. The main purpose of Internet marketing is the same: the extraction of maximum profit.
For this, honest methods are not always used. So, for example, a lot of inconvenience to today's consumers - Internet users - brings viral marketing.
What is viral marketing?This is the dissemination of information about the product by running viruses on the network. It can be rumors spreading in social networks, special viral video, provocative messages. Most often, such marketing is used to attract visitors to certain sites that earn clicks.
However, today the possibilities of viral marketinggrow, it is used to recognize brands, promote one or another product. Today it is the most popular and widespread method of advertising. It develops very quickly. Therefore, the techniques of viral marketing (as, indeed, the most common), should know all businessmen who want to have a good profit.