Iceland is the most northerly and surprisingthe picturesque island state of Europe. Glaciers, fjords, geysers, northern lights attract travelers from all over the world. This year, Russian citizens need a visa to Iceland. What is the specificity of this document? How can a failure be prevented?
Briefly about Iceland
Iceland is located in the north of Europe to the northGreat Britain and west of the Scandinavian Peninsula. The country has a high standard of living, a stable economy and developed infrastructure. The industrial sector is also relatively developed here.
This state is not a member of the European Union.The application for EU accession was submitted to the European Commission in 2009, but it still has not received approval. However, such a circumstance does not prevent Iceland from being a member of the Schengen zone. The agreement was signed in 1996.
Do I need a visa for Iceland for Russians?
Since Iceland is a Schengen country, a visa is required for its visit. Exceptions are the following categories of travelers:
- Holders of valid official and diplomatic passports of the Russian Federation, if sent on a working trip of no more than 90 days for 6 months.
- Owners of valid Schengen visas.
- Persons who have in their foreign passport a national entry permit of type D of any Schengen country.
- Owners of the European residence permit.
Also, a visa is not needed for those who travel through Iceland. At the same time, the maximum period of visa-free stay is 24 hours.
Existing categories of visas
What kind of visa for Iceland is necessary for Russians? It depends directly on the purpose of visiting the country.
To date, the country's authorities provideRussian citizens have two types of entry permits - C and D. C allow you to travel in the country of ice up to 90 days in one half-year, if the purposes of stay are business, visit to friends or relatives, sports, scientific, cultural events, study or transit. D are intended for training, work only in Iceland and are valid for exactly 3 months.
Where to go
How to get a visa to Iceland?To do this, you will need to file the appropriate package of documents with the consular section of the Icelandic Embassy. However, their reception is not the department itself, but the VFS Global visa centers. At the moment they work in Moscow, St. Petersburg, Yekaterinburg, Novosibirsk and Vladivostok. The reception hours are from 9 am to 4 pm. It is important to note that without prior registration, the application can not be submitted.
Scheme of procedure for obtaining a visa
The procedure for obtaining a visa for Iceland for Russians in2018 is quite simple. First, the applicant collects all necessary documents and writes them for submission to one of the visa centers. After that, he visits the organization, handles fingerprints and makes a digital photograph. Then he again comes to the visa center to receive an envelope with a passport, in which the entry permit will be stamped.
Regardless of which visa is required inIceland to the applicant, he must hand over fingerprints. They will be stored in a single database for 5 years. However, for children under 12 years of age and persons who can not remove prints, dactyloscopy is not necessary.
The Consul reserves the right to demand the provision of additional papers or to call the applicant for an interview.
Here is what you need to prepare from the documents for a visa to Iceland:
- Application form-application of the established sample (it is necessary to fill in and sign beforehand);
- 2 color photos;
- passport for traveling abroad, in which there are 2 or more empty pages, valid not less than 90 days from the date of planned departure from Iceland;
- photocopies of all pages of civil and foreign identity cards;
- medical insurance of international standard, where the amount of not less than 30 thousand euro will be indicated;
- financial guarantees;
- round-trip tickets;
- documents confirming the place of planned residence for the period of the trip,
- agreement on the processing of personal data;
- check on the paid consular fee.
In addition, depending on which visa is needed for Iceland, you need to provide additional paper. But first, let's talk a little about what photos should be.
The photo for the visa to Iceland must be made in accordance with the following standards:
- The width is 3.5 centimeters, and the height is 4.5.
- The longitudinal line from the chin to the top of the head is 29-34 millimeters.
- The maximum "age" of the picture is six months.
- Let's assume only complete full-face.
- The applicant's eyes are directed straight at the camera lens.
- The person should occupy 70-80% of the total area of the photograph.
- Image - colored, background - light or white, inadmissible dark, mottled and patterned.
- The presence of glasses and other objects on the face is also unacceptable. Exceptions are cases when they are required by the applicant for medical reasons.
- Photographs where the applicants are posing in masks or national shawls that prevent identity identification will also not be accepted.
Additional paper for a business trip
In this case, you need to prepare a letter, which should contain the following information:
- information about the inviting company;
- full name and personal data of the applicant;
- the nature of business relations;
- motives of the visit;
- the date of departure and arrival;
- the program of the trip;
- the issue of financial security.
Usually the organization fully incurs the costs associated with the trip. But otherwise you need to additionally attach to the application:
- Hotel reservation;
- a certificate from the bank about the availability on the account of a sufficient amount for the trip (at a rate of not less than 50 euros per day);
- tickets there and back.
Instead of an extract from the bank, you can attach a letter fromthe employer with the position and the salary of the applicant. At the same time, the organization must guarantee for him the preservation of the workplace for the duration of the trip. If the applicant is an entrepreneur, he must prepare a certificate of registration of the IP or organization, TIN, as well as an extract from the tax service on income for the last 3 months.
Visiting friends and family
For this purpose, you will need:
- An invitation letter and a petition of the established form.
- A copy of the identity card of a relative or friend.
- Certificate from the employer's place of work or study.
- Papers confirming kinship (if any).
Study, sport, culture or science. For a transit trip
For these purposes of stay in Iceland, only two additional documents will be required - an invitation letter from the organization and a certificate from the employer or educational institution.
If the purpose of travel is to visit a third country through the territory of Iceland, applicants must prepare:
- permission to enter the country of destination;
- originals and copies of tickets with fixed dates.
Visa for seafarers
In this case, the Embassy of Iceland asks for the following documents:
- original and photocopy of the seaman's passport;
- invitation letter from the shipping organization;
- a ship's role with a registered post;
- round-trip tickets with fixed dates.
If a child is traveling
The child will additionally need copies of itbirth certificates and civil passports of his parents. Also, if he travels without his parents, a notarized power of attorney must be prepared for his travel abroad. At the same time, only his parents are engaged in the completion of the questionnaire, the collection of papers.
Entry permits of this category are issued only for further registration of a residence permit in Iceland for study or work.
For employment, the basic set of documents is supplemented by a contract with the organization, and for study - by papers on enrollment and payment of the course.
For what period is the visa issued
Visa for Iceland for transit provides itsholder of the right to a five-day stay in the Land of Ice during each entry. Usually other categories of entry permits are issued for the number of days indicated in the applicant's questionnaire. However, here often immigration authorities make for travelers a 15-day "corridor", that is, for this period the period of validity of the visa increases. Issuance of multiple permits is a very rare phenomenon, but for them it is possible to stay in Iceland and all states of the Schengen zone for not more than 90 days in a 180-day period. Visas of type D are valid for more than 90 days.
How long does the application take
As a rule, documents are considered duringone or two weeks. But this period may be delayed due to the fact that the filing was carried out in the regions of the Russian Federation, since the transfer of papers takes a certain time. It is also possible to increase the processing period of the application due to the request for additional documentation or the need for personal interviews.
For the visa to Iceland for Russians provided forconsular fee. Its size is 35 euros. It is payable at the time of filing. In this case, the fee is paid not in European currency, but in Russian rubles at the current rate of the Central Bank. Also visa centers charge a service fee of 2133 rubles. If the documents are not submitted in Moscow, but in another city, you have to pay 450 rubles extra for their transfer to the capital.
The Embassy of Iceland does not take payment for issuing an entry permit from the following categories of applicants:
- children younger than 6 years of age;
- close relatives of Russians who live legally in the country;
- participants in official delegations;
- members of governments and parliamentarians;
- students, trainees, teachers, whose purpose is to attend the training;
- persons with disabilities and their attendants;
- foreigners who are going to be treated, visit a sick relative or attend a funeral;
- athletes, their coaches;
- participants of international organizations, competitions.
Why can they refuse
Visa for Iceland for Russians is not always issued. There are a number of circumstances that serve as an excuse for refusal, namely:
- falsification of securities;
- insufficient amount of money to ensure travel;
- the commission of an offense during past foreign visits;
- violation of the visa regime of the Schengen zone;
- absence of medical insurance in the set of documents;
- criminal record of the applicant.
If the applicant is acceptedthe negative decision, in his foreign passport put a special stamp, which has a rectangular shape. Inside the stamp there will be two symbols - a letter and a number. The letter indicates the type of visa (C or D), and the figure indicates the circumstances of the failure. Consider the failure codes for the example of visas of type C:
- C1 - a ban on obtaining entry permits from 3 to 12 months, you can apply again.
- C2 - a ban of up to 12 months due to inaccuracy of the information provided or incomplete set of documents.
- C3 - you need a visit to the embassy.
- C4 - an unlimited stay in the Schengen area.
What to do if you receive a refusal
First, you need to find out the circumstances for which a negative answer was received. Usually the reason is indicated in the sheet, which is issued together with the passport in one envelope.
Further, the applicant must decide whether he willsubmit documents again or appeal. Application for an appeal can be filed at the visa centers. It is more appropriate to challenge the decision of the embassy when the applicant is confident that he can prove the reliability of information about the trip.
How to avoid failure
There are several useful recommendations, adhering to which it is possible to minimize the probability of denial of a visa to Iceland.
If a refusal is received, try asking the visa center employee why and when to appeal. A clear answer is unlikely to be given, but one can get advice on what other papers can be brought.
To avoid getting bounce - do not breakexisting rules. Fines should be paid on time. If the visa was issued by a certain state of the Schengen zone, then it is necessary to make a trip to this country.
Do I need a visa for Iceland to Russian citizens?Definitely yes! You need to contact the visa centers of this state in the territory of the Russian Federation. To avoid failure, it is important to carefully read all the requirements for visa applications on the website of the Embassy of Iceland, collect all necessary papers and indicate in the questionnaire reliable information.