The activity of any company begins with the creationcorporate identity, the main component of which is the development of the logo. It is this emblem that shows the belonging of a product or service to a particular enterprise, displays its concept and carries a certain semantic load. Let's consider in more detail what the logo is, the types of logos and the basic rules for their development.
Definition and meaning
Logo is the display of information about a company ingraphic format, its symbolic representation, a symbolic impersonation, contributing to the recognizability and authority of the firm. In other words - this is the abbreviated name of the organization, presented in the form of an original outline, using a special font, style and illustration. The value of the logo in the business world is enormous: it distinguishes the company among similar enterprises, attracts the attention of potential consumers to it, "tells" about it, forms the first impression. Indeed, it is through the logos of companies that consumers have a certain opinion about their activities.
The power of influence
The logo, akin to a trademark, will always beeverywhere in sight to decorate themselves with letterheads, signs, business cards, documents, the form of employees. Therefore, its creation should be approached with maximum responsibility, finding the right balance between pragmatic and creative approach. The logo is not just a beautiful outline created for aesthetic purposes. Successfully designed symbol is able to attract consumers, leave behind competitors, ensure stable growth rates and the company's income. While the badly created unfortunate logo is quickly lost among the brightest of colleagues, having formed a negative impression about the organization.
What is the logo: types of logos
Graphics and symbols
Displays information about the company through graphiccharacters - photos, pictures, pictures - without the use of text. A visual representation of the symbolic logo represents the essence of the product by illustrating the activity or name of the company. For example, the logo in the form of an eagle can denote the name of the organization, "talk" about its high business and moral qualities, used by travel companies as a symbol of a reliable and successful flight. Graphical symbols in their pure form are used quite rarely and are preferred by the promoted brands. However, having sufficient experience and talent, to create a correct, inviting and powerful logo does not represent anything complicated.
Letter letters are used by firms muchmore often than graphic ones. Logos have much in common: the abbreviated name of the company or its activities, the abbreviations are usually expressed graphically using special fonts, unique characters (for example, Coca-Cola, Panasonic, Bosch). The advantage of a text logo is that it evokes clear associations and a clear picture of the firm.
The combination of two kinds of logos is represented,as a rule, in the form of a symbiosis of a graphic image with a visual inscription (slogan, company name or brand). Combined company logos are considered to be the most informative and successful for untapped companies.
This mark is the most common andactively used by a lot of companies because of their accurate display of information. The alphanumeric type of the logo is relatively easy to develop, as much as possible informative and preserves the individual style of the mark even after printing. Examples: Ford, Kodak, Sony, Motorola.
The main features of a successful logo
Beautifully designed logo, types of logos on which you decided to stop your choice, can not guarantee you brilliant results, if the development did not take into account the basic requirements:
- Functionality. The main mission of the logo is to reduce the consumer to the seller.
- Conciseness. The emblem must be executed in a restrained and laconic form, without the use of a large number of small parts, which are very difficult to transfer onto paper.
- Informativeness.Correctly designed logo contains the main essence of the information message about the company, representing something in between a laconic appearance and the most complete picture of it.
- Originality and uniqueness. The design should not include a stolen idea, plagiarism, similar features of another brand, and identify exactly your product or service.
- Impressiveness - the impact on the consumer through emotional, aesthetic perception.
- Memorability. Creating a logo involves finding a balance between originality, unique character and ease of perception.
- Correspondence to the image, status, direction of activity and goals of the company.
- Versatility - a clear image of the logo as on documents, and on business cards, products and souvenirs.
Features of creating logos
When developing the logo, great importance is given to the colors, font and form of the emblem, which directly or indirectly can affect its perception from a psychological point of view.
- Colour. The color gamut of the logo is selected inaccordance with the impact of a shade on the human psyche. For example, green, blue, blue colors have a favorable effect on the person, calming and beckoning, while the red and bright orange palette works excitantly and aggressively. In addition, you need to consider the meaning and association of color, so as not to be trapped. Experts recommend using in the design of the sign no more than three colors, completely giving up shadows, gradation and mixing.
- Font depending on the direction of the company can be serious, concise, intricate, with the use of curls and curvatures. It should be easy to read and understand.
- The form. The recommended forms are a triangle, a square,circle and their combinations. The correct form of the logo is a complete, organically fitting on any surface, proportional system of symbols without the use of small details.
A start-up company that is at the stagedevelopment of corporate identity, you need to know what a logo is, the types of logos, the basic requirements and features of its creation. Because properly designed logo has an important corporate meaning.