A vacation is a temporary exemption fromwork for a certain period of time with the preservation of this place. The main types of vacations are provided by the main legislative act in the sphere of labor relations - the Labor Code of the Russian Federation. According to this code of laws, each person engaged in work has the right to annual paid leave, some categories of workers (minors, young mothers, disabled, war veterans) have an additional benefit in employment and recreation.
In accordance with Article 122 of the LC RF, the firstleave may be granted to the employee six months after the beginning of his work for a particular employer. However, in real life, everything can be quite different. For example, often the head refuses to give his employee rest on time. There can be many reasons for this: the indispensability of the employee in the workplace, the lack of staff, the unwillingness to pay vacation pay, etc. Refusal to grant a holiday to a worker by a manager is considered illegal and may be appealed in court. As practice shows, such trials are very rare.
The issuing of the leave to the employee who worked in thea certain place for less than six months may be exercised if he is a minor or adopter of a child who has not attained the age of three years. Rest must necessarily be provided to a woman who is at an early pregnancy, regardless of what period of time she worked for a particular employer.
Types of holidays (paid):
- Annual main holiday.Its duration is 28 days, including weekends. Extended annual leave (28 days or more) may be granted to the following categories of persons: minors, disabled persons, prosecutors, courts, colleges, universities, school employees, additional education institutions, municipal and civil servants, candidates of sciences and rescuers. This list can be expanded.
- The annual additional leave is intendedfor persons working in extreme conditions (for example, in northern areas), in hazardous or hazardous production, as well as for employees who have an irregular working schedule.
- Educational leave is granted to an employee onbased on the presentation of a certificate from the relevant institution. The length of the rest and payment in this case depends on the form and the course of study.
- The employer provides a maternity leavea woman after presentation of her sick leave from the women's consultation, issued at the 30th week of pregnancy. The length of her rest in this case is 70 days before and after the birth of the child. In the case of difficult births, this period can be increased to 86 days, at the birth of twins - up to 110.
- leave to care for a child can beis provided at the personal request of the woman, her basic income in this case will consist of a benefit from the state social insurance. A woman who is on leave for caring for a baby (until he reaches, as a rule, three years), retains a working place and position.
Types of holidays (unpaid):
- Leave without pay canTo be received by the employee at any time on the application written by him. In this case, the employer, as a rule, assesses the need to provide rest and has the right to refuse it. Usually unpaid leave may be required in case of death or illness of relatives, problems with housing, etc. It can not be denied to working pensioners, participants in the Second World War, invalids, persons entering into marriage, etc.
All the main types of holidays are established by the legislation of the Russian Federation, the violation of which, both by the employer and by the employee, can be appealed in court.p>