This publication reviews medicinaldrug "Indomethacin 100" (suppositories). What does "100" mean? These suppositories are manufactured at 0.05 and 0.1 g. It is rectal suppositories that are produced at 0.1 g each - this is the drug Indomethacin 100 This is not about the quality of the medicinal product, but about the form of its release, dosage.
So, the drug "Indometacin" (candles) instructionrelates to analgesics. The drug has antipyretic and anti-inflammatory properties. The active active ingredient is called - "Indometacin" (Indomethacin). These candles are used for the following pathologies:
- joint inflammation: gout, arthritis, rheumatoid arthritis, osteoarthritis, ankylosing spondylitis;
- pain in the spine, provoked by inflammation;
- various inflammatory pathologies resulting from traumatic effects (injuries);
- rheumatism and other inflammatory processes.
In addition, the drug "Indometacin" (candles)Instructions for its use suggests to use as an auxiliary drug for some ENT infections, inflammation of the bladder, prostatitis, adnexitis. It is necessary to take into account the fact that the use of the medication Indomethacin (suppositories) is not allowed. Instructions for use of this drug determines the strict dosage.
In particular, if you need to stopchronic inflammatory process in the acute stage and in the presence of acute pathological conditions of an inflammatory nature, it is recommended to use one candle "Indomethacin 100" or even "50" twice a day, with equal intervals between doses. However, in some cases, the drug is additionally administered orally (by mouth in pills).
Supportive care with the medication described.implies a single use of suppositories that are assigned at night. When prescribing the medication "Indomethacin" (suppositories), the instruction cautions that the following (rare but possible) side effects are possible:
- There were irritations of rectal mucous membranes (rectum - rectum). The rectum is a segment (object, area) of the colon, which goes from the sigmoid colon to the anus.
- Long-term treatment with the drug "Indomethacin" can provoke discomfort in the abdomen, pain, flatulence, diarrhea or constipation, headache, agitation or fatigue, insomnia, nausea, tinnitus. If any of these symptoms occur, you should contact a specialist who prescribed the drug Indomethacin (suppositories) as soon as possible. The instruction clarifies that basically these suppositories are well tolerated, so you should not worry ahead of time.
A warning is given about other adverse events.manifestations. These are stomatitis, depressive, anxiety, muscle twitching, tachycardia, as well as allergic reactions, rash, itching and other pathological manifestations that are extremely rare.
If there are side effects, there are contraindications.. First of all, this is definitely intoleranceof this drug, also called hypersensitivity. Other contraindications for treatment with suppositories "Indometacin" are:
- blood formation dysfunction;
- hepatic and / or renal pathologies;
- age up to 14 years;
- pregnancy and the period of breastfeeding;
- rectal bleeding, hemorrhoids.
The drug is prescribed with caution in epilepsy, elderly patients and children.
This publication is for informational purposes only. About the fact that you need to follow the instructions of the attending physician in the treatment of the drug "Indomethacin" (suppositories), the instruction states repeatedly!