Myopia, hyperopia, astigmatism - satellitesmodern people. Contact lenses and glasses correct vision, but wearing them is not always comfortable. Laser eye correction helps to completely cure eyes view. Pros and cons of such an operation will be discussed in this article.
A bit of history
The operation is performed on a cornea that does not haveblood vessels and therefore easily amenable to modeling. For the first time the correction became known in the 30s of the twentieth century: then it was called radial keratotomy. During the procedure, incisions were made on the cornea, which changed the shape of the eye lens during splicing.
The effect depended on the rate of tissue repairpatient. The technique has ceased to be used since the 80s, but it was she who became the progenitor of the technology "laser correction of vision," the pros and cons of which also depend on the individual characteristics of the person. Excimer laser - the precursor of modern correction - appeared in 1976.
How is surgery performed?
The procedure is performed under local anesthesia infor fifteen minutes. The upper layer of the eye cornea bends, and the laser evaporates the "unnecessary" layers. Further, the bent cloth is superimposed and fixed. Regeneration of the epithelium occurs in a few hours, a maximum of a day (each person has his own recovery features).
Laser vision correction: the pros and cons
- shortened rehabilitation period (1-2 days);
- absence of hospitalization;
- restoration of acute vision in a few days;
- safe depth of impact;
- return of vision to patients with astigmatism, myopia, farsightedness of any stage.
Laser vision correction: limitations
When performing this operation, some features are taken into account, in which the use of a laser is not recommended:
- pregnancy, breast-feeding;
- presence of serious chronic diseases (diabetes, psoriasis, AIDS, asthma, neurodermatitis, eczema);
- mental disorders;
- some eye diseases (eg, glaucoma, cataracts);
- alcoholism, drug addiction;
- individual tendency to the appearance of keloid scars;
- small thickness of the cornea.
To make laser correction of vision it is necessary inthe age period from adulthood (18 years) to 40 years. Until the age of 18, eye tissues are not yet fully formed, and later, age-long farsightedness may occur, which can not be corrected.
- the operation does not eliminate the reason why vision has fallen;
- possible underdiagnosis;
- the visual acuity in case of excessive load may decrease again.
Millions of people carry remedies (glasses,lenses, etc.), many want to get rid of them forever. Restore the eyesight, in whole or in part, is capable only of laser correction of vision, the pros and cons of which we have discussed above. To be sure of success, you need to choose a good clinic, an experienced specialist, get acquainted with the reviews about the performed operations, and, of course, completely pass the appointed examination.